After Taking GRE and TOEFL now you guys will start applying in different universities. Application in different universities in cumbersome process but you can do it on your own. Here is the Steps to apply for MS in US. If you have any doubt then do comment here 🙂
After taking GRE and TOEFL/IELTS first step is to get your transcripts from the universities, you can apply for transcripts before GRE and IELTS/TOEFL. In some university it takes 2 months to get the transcript. So it will be better to get the transcript asap. You will need 10-12 approximately.
- After Evaluating your profile you should select 8-10 universities. From which you can select 4-5 Safe, 2-3 Moderate 2-3 Ambitious universities.
- Some university prefer good acads, some prefer good GRE score. So also ask your seniors and refer previous year’s data. That will be helpful.
- In almost all cases you’ll have to report your official GRE scores to the University. Universities won’t accept the photocopy of your GRE scorecard. You need to report the scores directly from ETS website.
- TOEFL scores are also required in almost all the Universities. The information at the admission website will specify whether TOEFL is required or not. You need to log in to your iBT profile at the TOEFL website to order additional reports.
- Now fill the online form of university and apply to it online. After applying it takes minimum of ten days for updating in database for that university you have applied.