After completing your SOP you will need to write letter of recommendation.
letter of recommendation (LOR), as the name describes it is a letter either from your professor or principle of your last educational institutions or your last employer that ensures your ability and skill to make up to the course completion. This letter of recommendation seems very simple and easy to frame but be sure it holds great value in evaluating your profile both academic and nonacademic wise. It plays an important role for overseas applicant.
You will need 2-3 letter of recommendation’s from your Head of Department, Project manager, or from last employer.
letter of recommendation should be from your lecturer who knows you better and with whom you have a good rapport. This helps you to get good words of praise from the recommend er. If you are working,it should be from your immediate Boss who knows your capabilities and initiatives properly rather than the HR or higher management authority.
Here is some Tips while writing letter of recommendation.[sociallocker id=”878″]
- This letter should highlight your strengths rather than misleading the reader about your fake qualities.
- The letter should throw light on your keen interest to pursue your career in the particular subject under the applied university.
- Avoid headings like: “ To whom so ever it may concern”
- If the person knows little about you, avoid specified description about your nature. Faking of things may be dangerous
- Keep a vigil eye to notice whether the information in letter of recommendation and your SOP matches. If not do the required modification to strike off the contradicting lines creating a symphony
- letter of recommendations should be different formats giving variety of information about you. These letters are more like assurance to your SOP, so they should be molded accordingly to justify your SOP.
- Remember, these letters may give you an added advantage to earn part-time jobs within the campus. Sometimes, these may do wonder in getting you the deserving scholarship. So make sure they are framed properly and in an organized manner.
- Be ready with the proofs to justify the authenticity and reliability of these letter of recommendations. So avoid exaggerating something.
- Avoid using the sentences for funds like financial aids / monetary aids/ Scholarships etc.