GMAT reading comprehension is not that hard task but yes if you really want to score 700+ then you need to be in the habit of continuous reading so that you will be able to complete the task within the given time limit, otherwise you will exceed the time, and you will face less time for solving answering other questions. Well, in case you don’t know the tip and tricks for GMAT reading comprehension than don’t worry I am here to tell you about that as in this article I am going to tell you how to prepare for GMAT reading comprehension and will also show you all the tips and tricks for it.
Strategies required to prepare for GMAT reading comprehension:
These are the tips and tricks that you can follow to score in the GMAT exam and especially for scoring in the RC section.
- The first thing you need to know for the preparation is that you are not preparing for speed reading contest, but you have to understand the meaning deeply and in a short period. Give yourself 2-3 Minutes for short passages and 3-4 for those long ones. And then you can spend 1 minute on each question to answer.
- You can prepare quick notes, this can be only done when you are excellent at it, and this will happen through practice only as you already know that practice makes a man perfect, so in this case too you need to prepare hard for attempting such questions and you can make for it by simply using GMAT prep book that will actually enhance your performance.
- While reading few things that you should keep in mind are- main idea or you can say moral given through the passage, then you should notice the function in every paragraph. I am not asking you to memorize everything, but all you can do is create rough quick notes that can help you while answering those asked questions.
- And the important strategy that you should not forget is to read all the asked questions before reading the passage so that you will be able to memorize the questions and if you will find some line related to that asked one this will immediately hit your mind and you can quickly answer it.
- At last let me tell you one important fact and tip that will actually prove beneficial for not only GMAT reading comprehensions but for all other exams reading comprehensions and that is you read as much as you can, this will increase your knowledge and your vocabulary too along with that you will be able to see ultimate improvement in your English as well.
So these were the tips and tricks that can help you to perform nicely in the reading comprehension section and that would ultimately increase your score. You can also prefer few books that include grammar as well as reading comprehension passages and can practice through them to score well.