After filling up SEVIS form you will need to fill up DS-160 form to appear for F-1 Visa. Before Filling up the Ds-160 from you will have to keep some documents handy. I was in the same train trying to fill up my Ds-160 form and I remember that it took me a whole day to complete that form. Before filling up the form Check out this steps to follow after getting your i-20.
List of Documents for filling out Ds-160 Form
- Your Digital Photograph
- If you visited Us before, list of you have visited in USA, and how long was your trip to USA
- Information about your Parents( Full Name and DOB )
- I-20 Which you received from the University
- SEVIS fee Receipt
- Information about your relatives in USA( parents, grandparents, spouse and siblings). You will require their Name, Phone Number, Email address and Address.
- Information about Previous Work. It includes Name of Companies in last 5 years, Start and End Date, Address and Phone number of companies, previous supervisors’ names and Job description.
- Education Details ( 11th-12th School or College name, address, Zip code and Dates attended )
- Bachelors degree college name, address, dates attended, degree awarded.
- For masters degree you need same information as above.
I guess the above list is necessary to for filling up the DS 160 for F-1 Visa.
Steps for Filling up Ds-160 form
- Open this Site https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and Fill up Ds -160 form. Your session will time out in 50 minutes, so note down your application number. Fill up the form very meticulously, any mistake in your form can lead to rejection to F-1 Visa.
- Fill up the details like : Select embassy of your choice, Upload the photograph etc.
- Note down your Security question and Answer in a safe place, if you forget your details it will be helpful to retrieve your form.
- Verify your DS-160 thoroughly. Check details regarding I-20, Passport and SEVIS fee. Also check all the details about education, Job experience and other details.
- Submit you Form and take printout. This page is required for OFC appointment, which will be scheduled one day before your F-1 Visa.
- Print your DS-160 form for your reference.
Pheww !!! Now you are done with your DS-160, What are your thoughts on this ? Any tips to Share from your Experience ? Shoot your comments !!!