Before appearing for Visa Interview you will have to pay SEVIS fees. I recommend you to pay your fees at least 5 days prior to F-1 Visa Interview.
How to pay SEVIS FEES for F-1 Visa Interview ?
- Go to www.fmjfee.com
- Click on Submit Form I-901 and Fee Payment
- Check Button I-20 and Press Ok.
- On the next page fill your details up like Last name, First name and SEVIS Identification Number, SEVIS number is 10 digit number which starts with N it will be mentioned on i-20 issued by your school on the top right corner.
- On the Next page fill your details and Pay the Fees with Debit or Credit Card. This Fee is 200$ .
- Take the printout of SEVIS fee receipt in Visa Interview.
What is Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) ?
The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is the web-based system that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) uses to maintain information on Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools and the F and M studentswho come to the United States to attend those schools.
After Getting Visa If you want to change your University then there is no need to pay SEVIS fee again. It is valid till you have F-1 Visa status.
If you have any question Regarding SEVIS shoot the comment below. I will Add those question in this article.
Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook and Twitter 🙂